On my journey of trying low-carb recipes, I discovered crockpot quinoa stuffed peppers. These were so delicious! The stuffed peppers took about 5 minutes to prep and then 3-4 hours in the crockpot. Here is the recipe below!
What you’ll need:
- 3- 4 peppers (depending on the size of your crockpot)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 can of black beans
- Ground beef
- 1/2 cup cheese (I used Havarti because it is all I had)
- Seasonings: cumin, paprika, & salt + pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook the raw ground beef until there is no pink. You can also add some sliced onions, if you wish.
- While the beef is cooking, you can prep your peppers. slice the top of the peppers off and then remove the seeds on the inside.
- In a large bowl, combine the uncooked quinoa, black beans, cheese, and seasonings.
- Once the ground beef is done cooking, then you can also add that to the large bowl.
- Stir the bowl and then stuff the peppers! It is that simple.
- Prep the crockpot: Turn the crockpot to high and add about 1/2 cup of water to fill the crockpot 1/2 inch. Place the stuffed peppers in the bed of water and cover the crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours. When there is 30 minutes left, then top the peppers with some excess cheese. Enjoy!
Contact: Audrey H |email@example.com | Instagram: allaboutaud | Recent posts: