I have been experimenting with some low-carb recipes lately. I’ll post some more throughout the week. However, this zucchini lasagna was one of my favorites! I was surprised at how easy it was to make, too. The pictures do not do this dish justice. It was delicious! Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- Ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3-4 zucchinis (depending on their size)
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Sliced provolone or havarti cheese (4 slices)
- 1 can of unsalted tomato paste
- Seasoning: cayenne, Italian seasoning, salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and let them cook for about 3 minutes (stirring occassionaly).
- Next, add the raw ground beef and cooked until there is no more pink.
- Add all of the seasonings (cayenne, Italian seasoning, salt + pepper) and stir. Lower the heat or remove from the stovetop while you prep the zucchinis.
- Cut off both ends of the zucchinis and discard them. Next, you want to slice your zucchinis long-ways. They don’t have to be perfectly sliced, but try your best!
- In an 8×8 glass dish, arrange the zucchinis to coat the bottom of the dish. Add a layer of meat sauce on top of the zucchinis.
- Next, place your sliced provolone or havarti cheese on top of the meat sauce. Add another layer of zucchini followed by another layer of meat sauce on top.
- Lastly, sprinkle a layer of parmesan cheese on top and bake for 35-45 minutes (or until the top is golden brown). Make sure that you let the lasagna sit for 10-15 minutes after baking.
Contact: Audrey H |firstname.lastname@example.org | Instagram: allaboutaud | Recent posts: