I did an amazing legs and glutes workout at the gym today, so I wanted to share! You have the option to make it more difficult or to keep it simple. As I mentioned before, I like to target specific muscles when I workout. I like to target specific muscles when I go to the gym. I have a different workout for legs (hamstrings and quadriceps), than I do for my glutes. This exercise will mostly target your glutes.
I have been experimenting with different workouts to target the glute muscles. For me, my thighs are the strongest part of my body. Because of this, this can make it difficult to target my glute muscles. For instance, when I do squats at the gym, then my legs are taking over and my glute muscles are barely working. Because of this, I had to find glute-specific workouts that would put a lower emphasis on my quadriceps and hamstrings. If you have this issue too, then this is the perfect workout for you! If you do not have this issue, then this is still a great workout for your booty. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- A resistance band
- 15-30lb Kettlebell
- 5-20lb Dumbbell
- Yoga mat
Everything above is optional, but it helps to intensify the workout and make it more challenging. If you do not have the weights, then find something around the house and give it a try!
- Standing glute kickbacks: 10 reps, 2 sets (place the resistance band on your thighs or ankles)
- Glute bridges: 15 reps, 2 sets (resistance band at the thighs is optional)
- Step-ups: 30 seconds, 2 sets (you can step up onto a box or stairs)
For this workout, I will not be including rests. Feel free to take a water break in between sets, exercises, or whenever you want! I will also be doing these exercise with dumbbells, kettlebells, and resistance bands. If you do not feel comfortable with any of those, then start out with just your body weight. Do what feels best for your body.
- Reverse lunge to a glute kickback with a kettlebell: 25 reps each side, 3x (I use a 25-30lb kettlebell).
- Sumo Squats with a kettlebell: 20 reps, 2x (if you want to make this set harder, then you can add some “pulses” towards the end. Ex: you can pulse for two and then come up)
- Curtsy Lunges: 10 reps on each side, 2x (if you want to make this set harder, then you can pulse towards the end on each side)
- Time to get out your yoga mat for the following exercises:
- Hip Thrusts with Resistance Band: 20 reps, 1x (If you want to make this set harder, then you can hold at the top and do abductions)
- Hip Thrusts with Dumbbell: 20 reps, 1x
- Hip Thrusts with Resistance Band and Dumbbell: 20 reps, 1x
- Clamshell Exercise with Resistance Band: 20 reps each side, 1x
- Clamshell Exercise with Dumbbell: 20 reps each side, 1x (hold the dumbbell on your outer thigh while you lift it upwards)
- Clamshell Exercise with Resistance Band and Dumbbell: 20 reps each side, 1x
Make sure you do a quick cool-down and then stretch. Your glute muscles should be on fire!! Here is a screenshot of the workout below if you wanted to save it to your phone during the workout. ENJOY!
Contact: Audrey H |firstname.lastname@example.org | Instagram: allaboutaud | Recent posts: