This past Valentine’s Day, my husband got me an Instant Pot. This may not sound like your typical Valentine’s Day gift, but it was all that I wanted. I have made a lot of dishes in my Instant Pot since February. For this blog post, I wanted to share about an easy snack idea that I discovered with my Instant Pot- steamed Artichokes!
Don’t leave this post just because you saw the word artichokes, lol. I was shocked that I loved them so much. I always used to walk past most of the vegetables at the grocery store and go straight to the fruit. It wasn’t until a year ago, that I started eating a lot of vegetables and branching out. I encourage you to try some new recipes that you’ve never tried before. Don’t settle for being “picky.”
So here’s how it works:
1. Place the artichoke in your instant pot on the metal stand that came with the pot. Add a little bit of water until it is almost touching the artichoke.
2. Seal the Instant Pot lid and click “Pressure Cook” for 5 minutes. Make sure that the pressure valve is sealed.
3. When the Instant Pot beeps, then you can release the pressure valve. Don’t be scared of the scary noise it makes, lol.
4. Once the Instant Pot is done steaming and the 5 minutes is up, then you can open your pot. Your artichoke is now steamed and ready to eat.
5. I still struggle with how to eat an artichoke. The first time I tried an artichoke, I just started eating the petals. Apparently that is not how you eat it. You only eat the base of the petal and the artichoke heart at the bottom. You can peel each petal off the artichoke and dip the base in your favorite sauce (I picked ranch). Once you get to the artichoke heart, then you will have to spoon out the fuzzy center. The entire artichoke heart is edible. Enjoy!!!