My favorite post-workout snack is a smoothie bowl. A smoothie bowl is packed with nutrients and protein.
How to make a smoothie bowl:
I am lazy when it comes to making my smoothie bowl. I like to have it quick and ready to eat. Instead of making my smoothie base, I buy my smoothie blend in a tub from Costco or the local grocery store. You can buy organic smoothie blends in the frozen section.
- Frozen Açaí (you can buy this in packs from Costco or in a tub from the local grocery store)
- Any of the Outshine tubs are good, too. You can get a variety of flavors!
- Homemade blend: frozen fruit + almond or soy milk + greens (spinach or kale)
- Strawberries, bananas, blueberries, mango, kiwi, etc.
- Chia seeds, ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, granola, dark chocolate shreds
- A spoonful of peanut butter (excellent source of protein)
- Drizzle toppings: dark chocolate drizzle or caramel drizzle, honey
- Chia seed pudding (you can make this homemade with chia seeds + almond milk, vanilla, and then place it in the fridge)