I have been experimenting with different breakfast recipes. I have learned how to make eggs a million different ways. I have experimented with different pans, too. More recently, I am loving my cast iron skillet. I don’t use it all the time, but I have noticed that the food tastes 10x better. I have no idea why. So, for this egg and sausage scramble, my husband and I decided to use the cast iron.
I have to give my husband the credit, because he found this idea on Instagram. We decided to make this recipe our own and use the spices that we like. Like many couples, we have our disagreements…. for us, all of these disagreements happen in the kitchen LOL. We both like to take control in the kitchen and use our own favorite seasonings. For this recipe, we decided to meet in the middle. 🙂
What you will need:
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- A handful of Jimmy Dean’s Maple Sausage
- 2 eggs
- Parmasan for topping
- Seasonings: basil, oregano, chili powder, himalayan salt, and pepper.
- Add some butter to the cast iron skillet and let it heat up. Chop the potatoes and add them tot he skillet. Since potatoes usually take the longest, I like to cook them first. Cook until soft.
- Once the potatoes are soft, then push them to the side and add the un-cooked sausage to the other half of the cast iron. Cook the sausage for 3 minutes or until there is no pink.
- Add your seasonings! We sprinkled some basil, oregano, a little bit of chili powder, and salt + pepper.
- Add your eggs. Let the eggs cook for about a minute, and then scramble everything together.
- Add some parmesan & ENJOY!