I am a very consistent person. I enjoying having a schedule. I have a morning routine and nightly routine that I follow. Each night before bed, I take a droplet of CBD oil. I discovered CBD oil about a year ago. I wish I had known about this oil years ago. Growing up being an athlete, I suffered various concussions. Because of that, I suffered from headaches every other day and a couple migraines a month. I consulted with a neurologist and I tried medication. I didn’t even last a month on the medication and I had to stop. I lived like this for 5 more years until I discovered CBD.
I am very hesitant to say that something “healed” me. I can honestly say that CBD has healed my headaches. Yeah, I still get one or two a month, but it is nothing compared to what I went through growing up. CBD oil has also helped my husband tremendously. He is prior military and has experienced PTSD, anxiety, and sleep deprivation due to his time in the service. Doctor after doctor, he was never satisfied with the outcomes. I started researching online the benefits of CBD oil and he decided to try it too. CBD oil has helped my husband sleep soundly and has lessened his anxiety in public.
Facts about CBD:
- CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning is does not get you high or create any feelings of intoxication or mental impairment. As of 2014, hemp-derived CBD oil is legal in all 50 states. However, marijuana-derived CBD oil is not legal federally.
- Cannabis has two species: Hemp and marijuana. Hemp contains less than .3% THC. Marijuana contains more than 20% THC. The difference between hemp-derived and marijuana-derived is the THC level.
- Hemp is not marijuana and marijuana is not hemp.
- To legally grow industrial hemp, it must test at less than 0.3% THC by dry weight.
- Again, CBD is LEGAL! According to Section 7606 of the 2014 Farm Bill, CBD is considered a dietary supplement and is legal in all 50 states.
Health benefits of Hemp-Derived CBD oil:
- CBD’s potential of treatment includes (but is not limited to): Autoimmune diseases (inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis), neurological conditions (Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, stroke, traumatic brain injury), Metabolic syndrome (diabetes, obesity), Neuropsychiatric (autism, ADHD, PTSD, alcoholism), Gut disorders, Cardiovascular dysfunction (atherosclerosis, arrhythmia), Skin diseases (acne, dermatitis, psoriasis). cite: https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-101/what-is-cbd
- CBD works by acting on the Endocannabinoid System, which is a biological system that helps regulate physiology, mood, and everyday experience. There are receptors are found throughout the body in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.
When to take CBD?
- At each meal for macrodosing and maintaining constant levels int he body throughout the day.
- Post-workout to aid in recovery
- At the onset of anxious feelings
- Before bed to decompress and unwind
I have seen CBD oil in a lot of nutritional stores and online. Personally, I prefer to order online where I can see the lab results and verify the company. I fell in love with Cured Nutrition online. The facts I stated above came from their CBD online guide (linked below). On the website, Cured Nutrition has a full-spectrum CBD oil and a mint flavored CBD oil. Each oil varies from 250mg, 500mg, and 1000mg. I prefer the ZERO THC mint flavored 1000mg CBD oil (linked below). If it is your first time trying CBD oil, then I would recommend starting with the 250mg or 500mg to see how you like it. CBD oil is not cheap, but it is 100% worth the investment.